It has been always a problem to take your board with you anywhere especially if you don’t have a car or if your car cannot support the board in any way, thus, inflatable paddle boards came along to put an end to that dilemma; now, you can get yourself the biggest board out there, and then fit it in a back bag.
The Red paddle Co keeps producing SUPs that are more like pieces of art if you ask me; the Elite here is the right board to demonstrate it; let’s look at it.
The Elite is truly a huge SUP; it is 12.6 feet tall, 26 inches wide and 5.9 inches thick. It’s made mainly for racing and it is the fastest board in its class; it’s extremely stiff and rigid thanks to,
- First; the new MSL fusion composite and which removes hand gluing errors and saves almost 2kg in weight as it makes the board stiffer at lower pressures.
- Second; the Elite is featured with the Rocker Stiffening System (RSS) technology; it increases its rigidity and prevents the board from flexing. This system comes as stiffening patterns that find place on the rails of the board; the fact that they are removable for easy board rolling is just perfect.
- Third; the Red Paddle Co seems to be ready to do anything to improve their SUPs, that’s why you’ll find that the TecAir technology which plays a role in the durability, rigidity and professionalism of their SUP’s is also part of the Elite’s construction.
Speaking of which; pumping this big guy should turn it into a rock hard inflatable paddle board since it can take up to 25 PSI using the included titan pump or an electric pump if it’s possible. Also, the 5.9 inches thickness will make it almost impossible for the Elite to go an inch under water.
Now looking at the pictures, you’ll notice that almost 2 thirds of the board are covered with an anti-slip pad which will boosts your equilibrium while paddling; it’s smooth and comfortable to stand on so you can focus on paddling and winning the race while well balanced. Additionally, you’ll find 3 carry handles to facilitate transporting the board when it’s inflated, as well as a D-ring on the board’s tail to attach a leash if needed.
Apart from racing and competition, the Elite is made with so much care which causes it looks finely detailed; what I mean here is that this board is made not only to race but to also catch attention; its colors match perfectly, its design that simulates authentic boards with its sharp deck, and the amount of planning put into it, all make it a strong, durable, and great looking SUP.
In addition to that, the Elite is featured with the US Fin box system which will allow you to adjust your fin to suit your style. Further, included in the package, you’ll also find a waterproof phone case to keep your phone safe and dry. Moreover, and like most SUPs, you’ll find a repair kit included in case something bad ever happened.
Having dealt with the Red Paddle Co for the last 3 years, I’m used to the fact that their SUP’s do not come with a featured paddle, however, some of you might not like it because a pricey inflatable SUP board like this one might make it a little of a burden to separately purchase a paddle.
Finally, the Elite is comes with an amazing roller back pack which is not only very strong, comfortable and practical, but it also looks great; it’s big enough to store the deflated board in it, the RSS patterns, the fin, the repair kit, and the pump. This way, you can always have your SUP on you anywhere in the world.
- The Elite is a racing board which is made to last and conquer.
- It’s the fastest in its class.
- It comes with RSS patterns which make it stiffer and more rigid.
- It comes with a great roller back pack.
- It’s a pricey inflatable stand up paddle board.
- It does not comes with a paddle.