This is what you can get if you’re willing to shell out some serious dough. This is touring inflatable SUP board made by Isle Surf Boards, a company known well for their high-end boards. Of course, the first thing you’ll notice is the design.This thing looks gorgeous, from its sleek fast design to the unique texture on the deck.
If you’ve read our review of the Isle 10-ft iSUP and what it has to offer, but you wanted something longer, we can’t think of a better option for a long inflatable stand up paddle board than this 12-foot iSUP option from Isle.
We have reviewed a few of Isle inflatable stand up paddle board on this site. We generally enjoy them, and we think you guys do as well. First, let’s talk about the price. Our purpose here isn’t to convince you guys to go out and splurge on the most expensive stand up paddle board possible. Quite honestly, this board isn’t even close to the most expensive we’ve seen. We do think you get a lot of bang for your buck with this board. This one is handsome as hell.
The Isle 12 ft Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board has all the essentials to get your started. It comes with a 3 piece aluminum adjustable paddle, a high pressure pump & gauge and a removable travel fin.They are all quality accessories and what you need for a successful SUP”ing cruise.
Isle 12 ft 6 inch Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Features
To give you an overview of what to expect from this SUP board,check out some of its top features :
- EASY TO STORE – rolls to a compact size of only 1 foot in diameter x 36 inches wide. And 12’6″ x 30″ x 6″ when fully inflated.
- SLEEK FAST DESIGN – Its Touring style design and fin set up (9 inch Center Box Fin & 2 Side Fins) allow for smooth long distance paddling and enhance the board’s stability when breaking through choppy water.
- HIGH WEIGHT LOAD – The board can support multi-riders or single rider up to 300lbs.That means you can enjoy paddling with your dog, husband or wife or with friends.
- HIGH DURABILITY – This board is made to last.You won’t need to worry about dings or damage.It can withstand a fair amount of abuse.Throw it off the roof or ram it into rocks or a pier, or run it over with your vehicle; the board is made with high quality, military grade material that resists wear and tear.
- COMPLETE PACKAGE – The Isle 12 ft Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board comes with all the essentials to get your started including 3 piece Aluminum adjustable paddle, high pressure pump & gauge (Inflates to 15 PSI), removable center fin and repair kit.
- 2 YEAR MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY – Isle is a brand that offers exceptional quality products combined with strong design credentials.Their 12 ft Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board we’re reviewing here is backed up with a peace-of-mind 2 year manufacturer warranty that covers everything from the materials used to defects in workmanship.
More In-Depth Info On The Isle 12 ft 6 inch Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
All in all, if you’re into stand up paddleboarding at all, I think the Isle 12 ft 6 inch Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board a good option for you.The unique pulled nose and tail shape gives the board much better glide and ability to cut through choppy water which makes it a better overall performing flat water paddle board.Its relatively large volume on the other hand allows it to hold up to 300 lbs.
Although the Isle 12 ft 6 inch Inflatable SUP board is quite long, it rolls up to a sleeping bag size.That said,you can store it in a closet or any other small area in which a typical hard SUP board would never fit. And yes, rigid stand up paddle boards might be a great option for some, but not others; other might not have the convenience of a large garage or space to store a hard board or have to take the stairs or an elevator going to and coming back from the water. An inflatable ISUP can be stored and taken just about anywhere you may want it to go.
When it comes to traveling you can check it in to a plane, and if you’re taking a car, simply throw the bag in the trunk and hit the road! no fuss, no muss.
Additinally,and unlike hard SUP boards built with EPS foam that can become quite unstable in extreme temperatures and causes the board to delaminate in extreme circumstances, the Isle 12 ft 6 inch Inflatable SUP board is built with highly durable military grade PVC material and drop stitch construction that can withstand extreme conditions and a fair amount of abuse.That said , it’s worth every penny.
Benefits of the Isle 12 ft 6 inch Inflatable SUP
- Rigidity/Buoyancy – The lack of these two things has been the #1 complaint to riders for over a long time.ISLE has done a great job turning what was typically 4 inches to 6 inches thickness.They’ve also managed to increase the width to 30 inches for maximum stability.
- Accessories – Isle Surf Boards didnt skimp on anything to cut the costs.To the contracy , the board is well-made and it has all the essentials to get you started.It comes with High pressure hand pump & gauge. adjustable 3 piece travel paddle that breaks down for easy travelling and adjusts to varying rider heights.Additionally,the board has a comfortable deck pad and carry handle that makes the board easy to carry when fully inflated.It also features one metal D-ring on the tail for board leash attachment and 4 additional D-rings on the deck towards the nose of the board which constitute a crisscross bungee that can be used to hold onboard cargo.
Isle 12 ft 6 inch Inflatable SUP Specifications
- Model : Touring Flatwater
- Length : 12 ft 6 inches
- Width : 30 inches
- Thickness : 6 inches
- Weight : 32 lbs
- Fin Set Up : 9 inch Center Box Fin & 2 Side Fins
- Construction : Drop Stitch PVC Inflatable SUP
- Traction Pad : Super Soft EVA Diamond Groove 1 Piece Traction Pad
- Handle : Comfort Carry Handle
- PSI level :12-15 PSI
- Pump : High Pressure Pump & gauge Included
- Paddle : 3 Piece Aluminum Adjustable Travel Paddle
- D-Rings 4 on the deck for rigging kits – 1 on the tail for a leash